Thursday 13 November 2008

Taking it Easy


I am sorry to say I am feeling not too well. I have taken some intestinal worming medication and it has left me feeling a bit lethargic so I am only able to take Tim on shorter walks. We had been going on walks for more than two hours. He is OK with it. I rested  in the afternoon while Tim went out. He came back all salty. It smelled like he had a good time at the beach. 

I had a short run in the park this morning. I had fun with a nice, scruffy dog. Then there was a black-and-white barker (Mandy's name for a Border Collie). He was running with a couple of people. So I got low down on the ground to signal to him I wanted to play. Then I ran right up to him and he got snarly so I gave him some space. He obviously did not like me getting too close to his people. The woman said something to Tim, which I could not understand. I could sense that she was embarrassed by his behaviour. There was nothing to it. He was just telling me to keep my distance. It is strange how people often get all embarrassed and flustered by dogs' behaviour. Something happens, you experience and move on. It is simple. I am not saying you do not learn something from it, just that you do not need to carry it with you or worry so much what people think. 

Anyway, I am going to spend the rest of the day lying in the sun or in bed and hopefully I will recover soon.

1 comment:

Minnie-Moo (Rescue Lab) said...

Hello, I can see why people think you might be part Lab. My mum thinks you're very pretty!

It is a bit far to meet up to play isn't it - I bet you've got nicer weather than us too!